General Information & Location
To view a listing of Residential and Day School locations, visit the Residential and Day Schools Map Information page.
Since Canadian Confederation, it was the policy of the government of Canada to provide education to Indigenous peoples through a system of church-run residential schools and day schools. The schools were part of the federal government’s goal to assimilate Indigenous people into Canadian society. The Church explicitly supported the goals of assimilation and Christianization.
To learn more about the Residential Schools of The United Church of Canada please visit The Children Remembered website.
- Alberni Indian Residential School
- Bella Bella Day School
- Coqualeetza Industrial Institute – Sardis
- Crosby Girls’ Home – Port Simpson
- Elizabeth Long Memorial Home – Kitamaat
- Hartley Bay Day School
- Koksilah Day School
- Kuper Island Indian Residential School
- Port Essington Day School
- Takush Day School
- Williams Lake Residential School
- Yale Residential School